This was my first full week working at my new 1/2 music 1/2 tech integration position. I spent my afternoons observing teachers to see if I could readily come up with some ways to begin the integration process. In most classrooms I was able to at least jot down one idea to discuss with the teacher later. During this process I also discovered many pockets where technology is already blossoming.
Techno-growth I observed this week:
- A 3rd grade teacher who was introduced to Delicious at the end of 2007-2008 school year who is now using her account regularly.
- The same 3rd grade teacher is actively sharing website links with her team. And her peers are even looking at the sites she’s sending them!
- A HS English teacher who has started a blog to post homework for her classes. She modeled the use of her site to her class and is now asking for a SmartBoard in her room!
- A MS Science teacher who has created some WONDERFUL interactive Notebook files to go with her experiments. She then uses print outs of the completed file for kids who are absent.
- Kindergarten teachers who are working together to write a grant to get some “Flip-like” cameras.
It’s been a great week!