Summer is a time when all my piano kids just want to have fun. I’d also like to make use of all the extra free time they have to push them a little harder. So I’m trying out an incentive program this summer called “Muench Moola”. I’ve made my money.
Muench moolaAnd here are the ways my students can earn some Moola:
How to Earn Muench Moolas
- For SHARING one fact about your composer (limited to 1 per lesson)
- For LISTENING to a classical music selection via radio, TV, iPod, CD, etc, and verified by filling out a simple note signed by parent.
- For PLAYING an Original Piece (not written) with a title.
- For NAMING flats or sharps in order
- For LEARNING a one-octave scale in one key using correct fingering.
- For every 10 minutes of PRACTICE over 100 minutes each week.
- For each PRACTICE week recorded on the bmuench.musicteachershelper.com that totals 100 minutes
- For presenting a private home CONCERT of 5 learned pieces for family/friends. Student must list each piece played, date & time of Concert, and audience members present (with initials from each).
- For COMPOSING an Original Piece written out on staff paper
with correct rhythm, dynamics, and a Title.
- For BEATING your teacher in a music game.
- For MEMORIZING a piece and playing it artistically.
- For any “out of studio/home”: PERFORMANCE before a public audience (church, school, club, etc.) Student must record the title of selection, where played, and date, and the initials of 3 persons who heard the performance.
- For ATTENDING a professional music concert (church, school, or Community). A program, ticket stub, or note must be signed by Parent or other verifying adult.
- For ATTENDING a professional Classical music concert performance (Symphony, Choir, Chamber Ensemble, etc.) A program/ticket stub must be signed by parent or other verifying adult.
ADDITIONAL BUCKS may be given by the teacher for exceptional work.
Ways to Spend Your Muench Moolas
20 moolas: Various Items/ Regular size Candy Bars
250 moolas: $5.00 Gift Card
500 moolas: $10.00 Gift Card